Crunchy apples with nut butter. Frozen dates and grapes. Strawberries in salad. Juiced carrot. Stuffed peppers.
You get it – I absolutely adore fruit and vegetables and can’t imagine a day without them.
I thought I’d eaten them in pretty much every form going until the lovely people at CherryActive asked if I wanted to try their super concentrated vegetable and fruit.
How super concentrated are we talking?
Well, this 210 ml bottle contains 650 cherries. Impressive, no?
Well, it is until you consider that this bottle of BlueberryActive..
..Has more than 1250 blueberries packed inside!
The bottle of BeetActive I was sent boasts only 30 beetroot – but that’s still a huge amount.
Why would you want to consume your fruit and veggies in this super concentrated form?
Well, experts say taking concentrates like CherryActive can provide benefits in four main areas – sports recovery, joint care, healthy sleep and antioxidant intake.
Here’s what the company’s website says CherryActive can do:
- Take products regularly to reduce exercise-induced soreness and promote rapid recovery.
- Increased antioxidant intake also helps to reduce damage from oxidative stress (free radical damage).
- Products made from Montmorency cherries, a natural source of melatonin – well documented to help improve sleep quality.
- Taken by the elite of GB Sport, including football, rugby, tennis and athletics professionals and thousands of keen amateurs.
- Improved recovery, less soreness and improved sleep can help improve quality of training and help take your sports performance to the next level.
- Montmorency cherries are a rich source of anthocyanins.
- Anthocyanins possess natural, anti-inflammatory properties.
- Anthocyanins in cherries also help to maintain healthy levels of uric acid.
- Current research shows taking CherryActive Concentrate daily improves quality and quantity of sleep.
- CherryActive Concentrate and Capsules are made from Montmorency cherries, which are high in naturally-occurring melatonin.
- Melatonin is produced by the brain to regulate healthy sleep cycles.
- Antioxidants protect the body from damaging ‘free radicals’ produced during activity.
- Free radicals are linked to ageing skin, cancers, heart disease and arthritis.
Pretty impressive stuff.
CherryActive kindly sent me three of their new sizes of concentrate to try in Cherry, Beetroot and Blueberry, along with glasses with a line to measure out a 30ml shot – which contains the antioxidant equivalent of 23 fruits and vegetables.
The concentrates don’t contain sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, flavourings or colourings and last up to 12 months in the fridge.
It is recommended to dilute the 30ml serving in half a pint of water, or add it to salads/smoothies and juices. I ignored this advice and decided to try each flavour straight up to get a intense hit, which was super strong but surprisingly pleasant.
I can’t say I’ve witnessed any noticeable benefits but in all fairness, I haven’t been taking CherryActive regularly for decent period of time. I’ll keep you posted as I work my way through the bottles though!
CherryActive has been kind enough to offer Flake and Cake readers 10% off their products – just enter CLAIRE10 at the checkout on the website. The code expires on September 20.
* Would you try fruit and vegetable concentrates like CherryActive?
* What’s your favourite fruit? And favourite veggie?
Note: CherryActive provided me with three samples of CherryActive to review but opinions are 100% my own.