This week I’ve been taking part in the Elf 4 Health challenge over at the Lean Green Bean and Nutritionella, which has been great fun. Not only have I been emailing my own elf, Sarah, the Twitter conversations have been so inspiring.
There is a new challenge every day on Elf 4 Health and I almost managed to complete every one, as shown in the pictures above!
On Monday I ate meatless, including a gorgeous goats cheese and pine nut salad when I went out for dinner. I wrote a note to my grandfather on Tuesday and sent him a copy of a newspaper which featured the Red Arrows. I was ill on Wednesday so didn’t try a new workout but I did go for a walk around parts of the city I hadn’t see before, tried a different coffee place, Two Day Roast and had a different lunch!
Thursday’s challenge was my favourite, to get up early and meditate. I headed to the Clifton Suspension Bridge and watched the sun rise oer the city. Beautiful. Friday’s challenge was to eat lots of different colours and my dinner definitely filled that brief!
Not sure my Pie Day lunch did though..
There was red and pink and other colours there (sweets counts.. right?!)
I’ve been working like crazy this weekend and last week was hectic so I didn’t get a chance to do my usual Five for Friday post. So here are my five things, a little belated but hopefully just as good!
Five new things I’ve tried this week
1. Raw Health Chocolate Truffles – these are completely amazing. End of. They make any other chocolate I’ve tasted seem plasticy and just plain rubbish. Rich, indulgent but good for you and they actually taste like that!
2. Yogi Tea Women’s Health – the fact the label says ‘Frauen Power’, the gorgeous pink colour, the delicious taste… My favourite tea so far!
3. Organic Halva with Almond – oh my goodness. A cross between nougat and halva. Made me all natural ingredients. Yeah, I loved this newbie too.
3. Blossom Cottage Morello Cherry Cordial – I love Pomegranate juice and have a little shot with my evening vitamin but drink cordial with dinner, with fizzy water and ice. This is nice, has a strong cherry flavour but I didn’t go crazy for it.
5. Goan Fish Curry at Thali Cafe, Clifton – I don’t usually put meals on here but then I don’t usually eat curry! This was absolutely yummy and comes highly recommended. The salad was a great part of the meal too.
Hope you had a great week!